Pages

Tuesday 4 June 2013

The Hobbit: The Making of Sting

Greetings good Hobbits,

You may have noticed that the blade only has runes one side. I did this so that one side would look like the Sting used by Frodo and then the reverse to be Bilbo's from "The Hobbit".

Below are step by step photos of how I made Sting. Enjoy!

And so it begins...




Me chiseling room for the Guard














My brother, Jacob's, sense of humour. Check out his blog at
JacobandJamie.blogspot.
Gluing the guard






Wood buring Elven Script









Wood burning the blade...
...for the 'Frodo' side.
My 'Preciousss'...





















Colouring the grip
Sanding it off


Varnishing with spray varnish












The final outcome of the 'Bilbo' side, and I bet the Elves couldn't do better





Forever full of ideas,

Zagginses








1 comment:

  1. Brilliant post, love all the photos! My sense of humour indeed...

    ReplyDelete